OK, this is crazy good. What is better is that I came across this by using some left over baked potatoes that we had in the refrigerator. Freshly baked potatoes or leftover ones in the refrigerator work interchangeably. Not sure if this has been made before but it is GOOD!
The recipe scales well, simply multiply accordingly. I’m writing it for two large baked potatoes.
- 2 Baked potatoes, skins removed and chopped coarsely
- About 3 pats of butter, sliced then quartered to very small ‘pellets’
- Two spoonfuls of sour cream
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack always shredded by hand fresh), approximately ¼ cup then another small amount reserved to top
- Place baked potatoes in bowl
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mix in sour cream and butter ‘pellets’
- Then fold in cheese and approximately 1 tsp. of garlic powder (I use the grinder style)
- Season again with salt and pepper
- Spread mixture evenly into casserole baker and top with reserved cheese
- Spray top with cooking spray and maybe some more salt and pepper. I think breadcrumbs would also add a nice touch here.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until visually ‘ready-to-go’
- Booty-Pop! They are ready to go!
- You could also have some chopped bacon or finish on serving with chives and you are GOOD TO GO!