One of the cool things I’ve collected over the years is a series of rugged hard drives from ioSafe. One such cool unit is the rugged portable series. So, I was asked at work for a prize for our presence at SNW in Orlando; I had to think a bit.
What does the storage crowd “WANT” that may be storage related, yet differentiating enough to be “COOL”. So, I chose the ioSafe rugged portable SSD drive. I have the non-SSD model, and let me tell you; I LOVE IT.
It is USB 3, sleek, suits my needs, but most of all *it is tough*. The specs on this thing are just sick:
- Full Metal Jacket™ Technology – CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum (Al) or titanium (Ti) alloy. Crush resistant to up to 5000 lbs (Ti) and 2500 lbs (Al) yet weighs as little as a pound (Al).
- Full Suspension Drive™ Technology – Full suspension in all six axes of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20’ drops (SSD version)
HydroSafe™ Technology – Waterproof yet heat conducting barrier to protect against data loss up to 10’ for 3 days in fresh water or salt water (aluminum version)
or 30’ for 3 days (titanium version) per IP68. Protects data even when USB plug is in. No requirement for a connector cap to retain data protection.
- ChemSafe™ Technology – Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12” depth for 1 hour with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Method 504
- EnviroSafe™ Technology – Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss per
MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
- AltiSafe™ Technology – High altitude operation. 15K ft. (Alum.) and 30K ft. (SSD and Ti.) rated altitudes per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4
- Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot solid metal construction – theft protection
- Genie Timeline™ Pro Full Version2 ($60 Value) Award winning backup software. Simple, block level, open file and OS Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
software for Windows users. Disaster recovery for entire hard drive including programs and settings, roll back and AES encryption features for the ultimate
protection. Registration required at http://www.iosafe.com to validate purchase prior to downloading software and install code.
- Apple® Mac® TimeMachine® Supported – Apple Time Machine fully supported. Reformat of device may be required. Simple instructions online at
- TrueCrypt® AES-256 Encryption Compatible3 – Open source, encryption software. FIPS 140-2,
- Billet-machined Aluminum (1lb.) enclosure (3.9"W x 5.7"L x 1.0"H)
- Multi-platform compatibility with Mac & PC/Windows
- USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 computers)
Stop by the Veeam kiosk, I’ll be there! Scanning your badge will enter you to win the SWEET device!